Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Evolution of the Mekonnen Title Logo

In this post I will show the steps on how the title logo has changed in concept and style through the years.

 










1) In the beginning I called the main character “Martigon”. In the graphic logo above I did an extrusion and percpective effect in Corel Draw. I did this a long time ago (late 1990s) so I can’t remember exactly which effects I used.

2) Later I decided on the name “Mekonnen “and did this draft of the title with a percpective effect in Adobe Illustrator. Notice I used all capital letters and made the first “M” and last “N” a bit larger than the rest of the letters.
 ----------------------------


 3) Above, I did more sketches and drafts, experimenting with different styles and concepts. I took away the percpective effect and kept the letters straight.

4) I decided on the font styles I prefer for the title. I placed it on a colorful background to see what it will look like. Notice the yellow Ethiopian text on the right, aligned vertically it spells “Mekonnen”.

5) In this concept I make the last letter ‘N’ larger again, centered “The Epic Adventures of” and added a brown spear at the bottom of the Mekonnen title.


6) I took that title concept and placed it on a background which is a map of part of the world. Notice I added Ethiopic/Amharic text script inside the spear graphic that says “Mekonnen’s Great Adventure: Aksumite warrior”.
-------------------------


7) Finally, I used Adobe Photoshop to make the title “Mekonnen” look like gold, placed “The Epic Adventures of” above the “M” and added an Abyssinian/Sheban sword instead of a spear at the bottom.

8) Sometimes I place two swords at the sides of the title instead.

*---- The End ----*

No comments:

Post a Comment